In the early years, the press kept visiting us (one time for some Free Ice Cream)! Here’s a sampling of news stories about our little community…
Design and Community
- An Oregonian Homes & Gardens cover story entitled “Sustainable Sharing: Friends Build an Affordable Community on Common Ground” (May 2005). Great photos from the article are pasted below.
- A New York Times story entitled “Sharing Housing Costs and Herb Gardens in Oregon’s Largest City” (Jun. 2005).
- A Portland Spaces cover article, “Tailor Made Community,” featuring the just-completed North Lot homes (Jul. 2008).
- An Oregonian story: “Cohousing Condos Unite Bike Fans,” (Aug. 2008), also about the North Lot homes.
- The Portland Mercury: “Hot Houses” (Oct. 2008).
Other fun & activism at Peninsula Park Commons
- A story entitled “Cold Play” about our Annual Community Ice Cream Social and Garden Party from the front page of an Oregonian Food Day section (Jul. 2005)
- In June 2009, the Oregonian ran an article about clothesline legislation, which was initially cooked up by PPCers.
- In March 2011, KATU News did a nice story about car sharing that featured PPC residents.